Many of you may have noticed that the auto insurance industry seems to be continually increasing premiums. While Heuer Insurance Agency represents many of the top insurance companies in the country and we can quote you with several companies, the trend for premiums is up. There are many reasons why this is happening and it is important for you to understand.
- There are more new cars on the market that are expensive to repair.
- The technology in vehicles today is much more expensive to replace than it used to be.
- More people are driving. In 2015, miles driven increased 3.5% which is the most annual increase in 25 years.
- Drivers are increasingly distracted. One out of four car crashes involve cell phone use.
- Medical payments are increasing due to the complexity of the health insurance industry.
- Claims severity (payments) overall is increasing.
Is there anything that you can do to control your costs?
Yes, contact us so we can shop for you!
Unfortunately insurance premiums are pooled. The premiums are calculated off of risks and data from other drivers just like you. Age, gender, zip code, vehicle driven and driving history are just some of the factors that determine your premium. Here are some things you can do to ensure you’re getting the best rates.
- Review your coverage and determine if it is the correct coverage for your current situation
- Review discounts you may be eligible for with your current carrier
- If it isn’t already, consider bundling your insurance coverage (home, auto, specialty insurance)
If you have specific questions about your auto insurance coverage, remember to reach out to our agency. As an independent insurance agent, we can review your coverage and ensure you’re current carrier is still the best carrier for your situation.
Heuer Insurance Agency in Sparks has worked with a variety of clients in the Reno area over the years and we are confident in our ability to meet your personal or business insurance needs. We understand how important an insurance policy can be and we take time to match each of our clients with the perfect insurance policy. Whether you are looking for auto insurance, renters insurance, homeowners insurance, or life insurance we can help you. Not only can we provide you with each of these personal insurance policies, but we can also help you find a general liability policy, workers compensation policy or commercial building insurance policy. Give us a call at 775-358-5554 or visit us.